D-Bus is an IPC daemon for GNOME, which is somewhat like Tooltalk in
CDE. There is a good summary of D-Bus on Wikipedia:

D-Bus relies on UNIX domain sockets for communication with clients. UNIX
domain sockets are not supported between zones. Generally D-Bus failures
aren't fatal; apparently SciTE is an exception.

Getting D-Bus to work across zones is  a effort that is being
investigated by the Trusted Extensions project. We currently use device
allocation instead of D-Bus to access hot-pluggable devices in
non-global zones. But using D-Bus would provide more compatibility with
standard GNOME.