Paul Kraus wrote:
> All,
>         Sorry if this is repetitious, but I did a quick search of the
> archives and did not see this. I have a sparse zone running on a 10U2
> system and I need to migrate it to a system running 10U3. I know that
> you are not supposed to force the import if the two systems do not
> match, but I thought I read that a new feature was coming that would
> permit an import to update the zone to the new OS level. Is that out
> (or available as a patch) ?
>
>         Or is there a manual method I could use to update the packages
> and patches on the sparse zone when moving it ? I am thinking along
> the lines of the following:
>
> 1) shut down "old" zone
> 2) copy old zone to new template zone (already created on new system
> but not installed)
> 3) diff the package and patch info under /var/sadm to see how the
> copied zone differs from the OS on the new system
> 4) apply packages and patches only to the new zone root as necessary
> to bring it into alignment with the OS on the new system
> 5) import patched new zone into the new system
>
> .... or am I just out of luck and I can't get the zone into alignment
> with the new system.
>
> The new system is already up and running, with a couple sparse zones
> already, so I can't just install it to match the old system. The DBA
> need to free up resources on the old server, which is why this zone is
> moving.

Hi
basically you'll need to have the "old" zone at the same patch/package
level, a zoneadm attach should tell you what is out of sync.
So you'll have to patch the old system to same level as new system.
Basically as a starting point the Kernel Patches will need to be
identical, ie 118833-36 on both systems,
118833-33 was the Ku in u3, but rev 36 was the only Ku released that
will satisfy this.
So both systems will need 118833-36.

Make sure to install the latest rev of patch utils before any patching
operation ( 119254/119255 )

Enda

Enda