Maciej Browarski wrote:
> Enda O'Connor wrote:
>> Maciej Browarski wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I upgrade Solaris 10 update 3 to update 4 but I use dedicated-cpu
>>> with live upgrade but I don't see dedicated-cpu (and capped-mem)
>>> option in zonecfg, but man zonecfg  shows  this option.
>>> Is it possibility that I must add new packages to have this
>>> functionality ?
>>> Regards,
>> Hi
>> These are in u4, what is the output from uname -a
>> what happens when you try and use these options?
>> Enda
> Hi,
> To be more precise, this installation is made by my client.
> He has Solaris 10 update 3 and use UpdateManager to update this
> solaris to Update 4.
> In with patch level of zones the functionality dedicated-cpu is
> included ?
> # uname -a
> SunOS v445c 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445
> Regards,
Ok, then this in not an upgrade, updatemanager is just a tool to apply

In saying that applying 120011-14 ( the u4 KU ) will get your customer
the zones resources he requires.

118833-36 is the u3 KU, so he needs to install 120011-14 and reboot.
Not sure if update manager can handle this patch as it has some complex
requirements, in a round about way it requires 122660-10 to be installed
first. ( among quite a few other requirements, but 122660-10 is not
directly required, but is required by a required patch via prepatch script )

Now please make sure 119254 latest rev is installed first ( it's the
patchadd patch ), before adding 120011-14.
Also read the README in 120011-14 carefully.