> You're assuming the packets sent on this UDP socket all have the same
 > destination and that routing does not change between transmissions.

I'm not assuming that, just pointing out that in general there will
not be a different source address in each packet, and that for a given
destination we latch the source address for long periods of time.  That
is, one could read your original statement as a promise that we will
repeat source address selection for each packet, which is not the case.
(And yes, I realize this is an implementation detail.  Source address
selection algorithms for an unconnected and unbound UDP socket seems
entirely like "implementation-defined behavior" to me.)