On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:20:22PM -0600, Lori Alt wrote:
> Anybody know how to get "zoneadm clone" to use
> zfs cloning?  I've got a zone (z1) whose root is a zfs dataset.
> I configure a new zone (z2) and try to make z2 a clone of z1:
> # zoneadm -z z2 clone z1
> This works, but the clone is constructed by copying z1, not
> by doing a zfs clone.  What am I missing?
I saw the same on SXCE b93 and thought perhaps I needed a snapshot so I
made one and tried to use that, which failed. So I gave up, destroyed
the snapshot and figured I'd settle for it being a copy except this time
the clone did work as a zfs snapshot. I haven't had time to look closer
into why it worked.

Mads Toftum