From the global zone:
PATCHLIST=

 From zone being attached:
PATCHLIST=139100-01

So I guess I need to install 139100-01 in the new server's global zone ?
That makes sense - the original server was 05/08 but had received a
recommended cluster in early october, so it is probable that it received
some patches that were not rolled into 10/08.

Hopefully, the error messages will be improved to provide a hint of what
the problem is.