Hi all,

I'd like to create a sysidcfg file to completely avoid configuration
screens when booting a newly created zone.

I found that with OpenSolaris 2008.11, I have to mount a zone, create
the /etc/sysidcfg file under the zone's root directory and then unmount
the zone again before booting, but I am getting syntax errors when
trying to configure a system locale or a keyboard entry using supported
values as mentioned in
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5776/6n7r9js2j?a=view .

What I also discovered is that after zone installation, the package that
contains "/usr/bin/locale" (SUNWloc) is not installed in the zone. Could
the problem be that one or more packages are missing after the zone
installation? If yes - is there maybe an easy workaround?

I haven't tried yet to add packages in file
/usr/lib/brand/ipkg/pkgcreatezone yet - any idea which other packages
might be needed (e.g. for the keyboard keyword in /etc/sysconfig)?

Regards,

Bernd