For ip-type=shared the communication stays in the system.  O(memory
speed).  Very fast with little IP processing. This is the default.

For ip-type=exclusive the communication will have to go out the
interface assigned to the nonglobal zone and routed externally to an
interface on the global zone. It is visible and the transfer is
O(slowest interface).

Bob

Sent from my iPhone