solarg wrote:
thanks for all reply, but can you suggest a way to lower the space occupied by a such zone? the problem with os2008.11 is that everything is installed at initial setup, but having zones occupying more than 5Gb is very bad!

This is incorrect.  Only a small subset of packages are
installed.  I just did a fresh zone install.  It only
took 144 MB and there are the only 58 packages installed.

If you've added extra packages you don't need, removing
them will reduce the size of the zone.  Likewise with zfs
snapshots or clones you're not using.  We're looking
at sparse zones or other alternatives for the future, but
since IPS does not currently support that concept, it cannot
be used on OpenSolaris at this point.