+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On 2009-11-09 21:39:55, Thomas Elsgaard wrote:
|
| Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:39:55 +0100
| From: Thomas Elsgaard <thomas.elsga...@gmail.com>
| To: zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
| Subject: [zones-discuss] how to have zones with a different solaris 10
|       version than the host
|
| Hi Guys
|
| I have 2 SUN sparc machines that i would like to consolidate to one
| machine using the zone/container concept, but the application requires
| a different version of solaris 10 than the one installed on the host
| server, how can i handle this?
|
| Application requires: Solaris 10 10/08
|
| And my host machine where i would like to have the applications to run
| in a zone is running Solaris 10 5/09
|
| Is there anyway that i can have a zone runing 10 10/08 on the global
| zone where the server is running 10 5/09 ? and how is this done?

OpenSolaris will be getting "Solaris 10 branded zones", which should, in
theory, allow you to mix S10 updates in OpenSolaris zones. I don't imagine this
will ever get putback into Solaris 10 itself.

Regardless, you can't do this now, to the best of my knowledge. You could use
LDOMs if your SPARC supports them, or Xen, or VirtualBox. My first
recommendation would be using LDOMs, though.
--
bda
cyberpunk is dead. long live cyberpunk.