On 01/20/10 15:01, Johan Hedin wrote:
Hi all

I'm trying to create a new zone in OpenSolaris svn_130.

r...@dom0:~# zonecfg -z test info
zonename: test
zonepath: /internal/zone/test
brand: ipkg
autoboot: false
bootargs:
pool:
limitpriv:
scheduling-class:
ip-type: shared
hostid:
net:
        address: 192.168.0.30/24
        physical: nge0
        defrouter: 192.168.0.254
r...@dom0:~# zoneadm -z test install
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
ERROR: Unable to create the zone's ZFS dataset.
r...@dom0:~# zfs list | grep test
internal/zone/test                       42K   222G    21K  /internal/zone/test
internal/zone/test/ROOT                  21K   222G    21K  legacy

Am I doing anything obviously wrong, or is this a bug?

Where did the internal/zone/test and internal/zone/test/ROOT
datasets come from?  Where they there before you tried to install
the zone or left over when the install failed?  It looks like your
datasets aren't set up the way zones needs them to be.  You
need internal/zone to be a dataset so that zones can automatically
create the datasets it needs underneath there.  You should get
rid of the internal/zone/test and internal/zone/test/ROOT datasets
since zones will create those in the proper manner.

Thanks,
Jerry