On 01/28/10 02:44 AM, Tina wrote:
Hi Erik,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried the way that run ifconfig bge0 zone
zoneA, it did not work. I'm a newer to solaris ZONE, I did not have a good idea
about how to troubleshooting it. :-) So I deceided to try IP-exclusive. Now I
install solaris 10 on vmware workstation, and I simulated 2 NIC and I checked
the status of them with command dladm in solaris:
#dladm show-link
e1000g1 type:non-vlan mtu:1500 device: e1000g1
e1000g0 type:non-vlan mut:1500 device:e1000g0
But when I created zone, I cannot set ip-type=exclusive, my step is:
#zonecfg vbox
zonecfg:vbox>  set zonepath=/vbox
zonecfg:vbox>  set ip-type=exclusive
then set usage was displayed and no ip-type was listed in it.

Why I cannot set ip-type to exclusive? How can I work around it?

The support for exclusive-IP zones was added in Solaris 10 8/07. It sounds like you are running an earlier update of Solaris 10.

   Erik