Never mind. I will not do this rename. It's not worth the trouble.

r...@vps1:~# zoneadm -z note move /zones/note
Moving across file systems; copying zonepath /zones/bugs...sh[1]: cd:
/zones/bugs: [No such file or directory]
zoneadm: zone 'note': 'copy' failed with exit code 1.

The copy failed.
More information can be found in /var/log/zoneAAA2XaapU

Cleaning up zonepath /zones/note...The ZFS file system for this zone has been
destroyed.

I believe the zones are not mounted when the zone is not running so the cp
fails. Luckily it did not delete the data *phew*.

Thanks!