We have been experimenting with mounting san storage with vxfs filesystems
in an ngz and there appears to be a couple of ways to accomplish this.

The FAQ links to a Symantec doc (
that does it by adding a device to the zonecfg. This was problematic as our
ngz doesn't didn't have the necessary Veritas packages and wasn't able to
mount a vxfs filesystem. I haven't yet been able to determine if this was
because of how the software was installed in the gz or if they are
specifically excluded from the ngz.

It could also be done with an lofs by pointing to an already mounted vxfs in
the gz.

Yet another Symantec document (
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/vascont/59.html) shows the file
system from the gz being directly mounted into the ngz.

i.e. from the global zone boot the ngz and then "mount -F vxfs

It took me a while to get my head around this but it works. The only obvious
problem I can see is that if the ngz reboots it loses its storage. There
doesn't appear to be a way to automatically get it remounted.

Is anyone else doing something similar? If so what has been your