On 13 dec 2010, at 10:50, Ketan <vibhu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok got it .. but still if i want to check what's current usage by a whole
> zone/project for locked-memory  what would be the best way .. i 'm using
>
> kstat -c project_caps -n 'lockedmem*'

That should work, I have used it without problem and the "zonestat" script by
Jeff also uses this.

> but with this command the usage is very less  as reported by the application
> user which says that db is doin very slow and they are getting memory related
> errors
>
> module: caps                            instance: 0
> name:   lockedmem_project_          class:    project_caps
>       usage                           2488147563
>       value                           36335423324

Are you saying the zone has more memory locked than kstat shows? Have you
verified that the memory is in fact locked by using pmap as I suggested
earlier? Have you tried to enable logging for the resource controls with
rctladm to see which limits are limiting the database?

Regards

Henrik
http://sparcv9.blogspot.com