Thank you for our answers.
unfortunately no additionally HW is allowed, and the goal is to save the
maintenance for the workstations.

I'll try to reconfigure Gnome to use Xvfb

I already used VNC, but there is the "Problem" that each Windows is
separately displayed.
But this is a decision the customer must do, which solution is "good enough"

Regards
Christian