This just came in:

The patch seems to fix the issue, however it's missing tests -- actually the cppunit tests aren't testing any acl functionality, this (missing tests) is a major oversight we need to address asap (post 3.1)!

There is a workaround for this issue - use the async version of the method. Seems that no one ever used this function before (or never reported it at least) because it's an obvious problem and will always fail.

I'd like to hold off on fixing this until post 3.1 (3.1.0 or 3.2 whichever comes first) where we can also address the testing issue for acls. There is a workaround -- Chris you ok with that? What do the rest of you think (vote).

Patrick