Patrick Hunt wrote:

There is a workaround for this issue - use the async version of the method. Seems that no one ever used this function before (or never reported it at least) because it's an obvious problem and will always fail.

I'd like to hold off on fixing this until post 3.1 (3.1.0 or 3.2 whichever comes first) where we can also address the testing issue for acls. There is a workaround -- Chris you ok with that? What do the rest of you think (vote).

  No question some tests would be good; that said, I'll personally
just continue to use a simple patch because it's a lot easier than
copy-and-pasting the code required to wrap the async version into a
sync one, and my particular current needs require a sync interface.

  If there's a reasonable chance of just sliding that one-liner into
the next release, cool, but I can live without and just recommend
other people patch the source (or do the workaround, I suppose).

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B