Hi Ben, that's great!. There has been some interest in this, however I'm not
aware that anyone has done a port.

Here's how to contrib:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToContribute
basically you would create a JIRA and attach your patch against latest trunk
svn. The committers will review and provide feedback.

It would be great to not have to manage multiple build systems for the c
code. Should we switch to something like cmake instead of autotools? Or will
that work for you (win/cygwin/unix based build I mean).

Patrick