I agree that avoiding the multiple build systems would be nice.
 Unfortunately, though, windows is an animal unto itself.  I would
be hesitant to change the whole build system over to cmake just for the
ideal situation that there be one build system for all platforms.  I have
seen projects that maintain the win32 build separate from the *nix builds,
and this does not seem to be too onerous.  I'm flexible, but will probably
in the end use the same tools to build as I do now.

One remaining critical issue is the zookeeper_close() call while the client
is in the CONNECTED state.  Even in the single-threaded setup this call
blocks when connected instead of using zookeeper_interest() and a callback,
as seems appropriate.  The current code can cause an infinite loop.  For
this port to be serious, we would need this cleaned up.

--
Ben