the case you mention, the session is not really expired unless the quorum
decides to expire it. So the client assuming that the session expired would
be wrong to say. It is possible that as soon as you bring up the servers,
the client reconnects with the same session and the session is still valid.

Why would you want the session to expire if all the servers are down (which
should not happen unless you kill all the nodes or the datacenter is down) ?