This is relatively easy to do now, although somewhat inelegant.

You can make configuration changes and then do a rolling restart of the
systems.

A more elegant solution in which you add additional servers without a
restart should be relatively easy to build into the code if you can make it
look like the new machine is simply a reboot of a previously known machine.

Folk like Ben and Patrick and Mahadev should have better informed ideas
about that.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve