We'd be happy to take a look, create a JIRA here and attach your patch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER

Easiest way to create the patch is to use SVN and do a "svn diff". More details here, please feel free to join the zookeeper-dev mailing list, that's the main list for development related discussion:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToContribute

Thanks!

Patrick

Qian Ye wrote:
Hi Mahadev:

After modified some code, I have build Zookeeper C API (3.1.1) on the old
system successfully. I have done some simple test, it works.

Thanks for your help, I wonder whether I can submit my modification to you,
after all it is a more universal version