Both of the options that Scott mentioned are quite interesting. Quite a few
of our users are interested in these two features. I think for 2, we should
be able to use observers with a subscription to the master cluster with
interested in a special subtree. That avoids too much of cross talk.

Henry/Flavio, do you guys want to keep this in mind for Observers in (not
implement it in the jira but to generalize it in a way that partial
subscription can be done later)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-368

Wherein an observer can just register with interest in a subtree and the
master cluster can avoid sending updates to zookeeper tree not in the
sbutree. This would be very helpful in a WAN setting where in only small
data needs to be up to date within different data centers.

thanks
mahadev