Thanks Patrick.

Re "off the shelf", my title of "Actually Implementing" was a *bit*
snarky to try and gain some readers, but it wasn't intended to be
sharp criticism; more documented recipes is a good thing for everyone.
I'd be happy to submit a JIRA with a group membership recipe.

Re zkclient, I agree that documentation is a big thing, which I hope
to help out with as I use it more. I'm talking now with one of the
developers about zkclient's implementation of data serialization since
that is another big area; zk pushes all serialization semantics into
the clients, which is ok but requires its own practical strategies.

.. Adam