hiļ¼Œall

    we'd like to store some metadata in zookeeper in our upcoming project, here
is a special but common case: we need to create a new znode, in the mean while,
update another znode data. These manipulation(a create and a update) need to be
done as atom. We don't want to see a successful creation and a failure
updating. Is there a convenient way to ensure this operation? Can you give me
some tips?

    I've looked into the src code, there is a tedious way to do. Extend
zookeeper instruction, struct a "createAndUpdate" interface and a txn request,
let DataTree to ensure the integrity. Will this do and the only way?

    Thanks a lot for all your attention.

2010-03-30

Will