I'm still interested though... Are you using the new "getChildren" api that was added to the client in 3.3.0? (it provides a Stat object on return, the old getChildren did not). While we don't officially support 3.3.0 client with 3.2.2 server (we do support the other way around), there shouldn't be they type of problem with this configuration as you describe. I'd still be interested for you to create that jira.