You're right. Ben, would you mind entering a JIRA?

Patrick

On 05/12/2010 11:41 AM, Benjamin Reed wrote:
is this a bug? shouldn't we be returning an error.

ben

On 05/12/2010 11:34 AM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
I think that explains it then - the server is probably dropping the new
(3.3.0) "getChildren" message (xid 7) as it (3.2.2 server) doesn't know
about that message type. Then the server responds to the client for a
subsequent operation (xid 8), and at that point the client notices that
getChildren (xid 7) got lost.

Patrick