Hi Vishal,
  Ben (Benjamin Reed) has been working on a netty based client server
protocol in ZooKeeper. I think there is an open jira for it. My network
connection is pretty slow so am finding it hard to search for it.

We have been thinking abt enabling secure connections via this netty based
connections in zookeeper.

Thanks
mahadev