On 06/30/2010 09:37 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:
Which API are you talking about?  C?

I think that the difference between connection loss and session expiration
might mess you up slightly in your disjunction here.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:45 AM, Bryan Thompson<br...@systap.com>  wrote:

I am wondering what guarantees (if any) zookeeper provides for reliable
messaging for operation return codes up to a session timeout.  Basically, I

in particular see "timeliness" http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkGuarantees

would like to know whether a zookeeper client can rely on observing the
return code for a successful operation which creates an ephemeral (or
ephemeral sequential) znode -or- have a guarantee that its session was timed
out and the ephemeral znode destroyed.  That is, does zookeeper provide

Any ephemeral node(s) associated with a session will be deleted when the session is invalidated (session expiration or client close request).

Patrick