Depending on your application, it might be good to simply hash the node name
to decide which ZK cluster to put it on.

Also, a scalable key value store like Voldemort or Cassandra might be more
appropriate for your application.  Unless you need the hard-core guarantees
of ZK, they can be better for large scale storage.