Hi Mahadev,

My use is mapping a flat object store (like S3) to a filesystem and opening it up via WebDAV. So Zookeeper mirror the filesystem (each node corresponds to a collection or a file), and is used for locking and provides the pointer to the actual data object in e.g. S3

A "symlink" could just be dialected in the ZK node - my tree traversal can recurses and can be made cluster aware. That way, I don't need a special central table.

Does this clarify? The # nodes might grow rapidly with more users, and I need to grow between users and filesystems.

Best, Maarten