These are sequence of interactions with ZooKeeper:

(1) Instantiate Zookeeper and perform the checks for a bunch of znodes. All
this works as expected.
(2) Spawn a thread which tries to perform leader election. This is where I
am trying to create the znode with the sequence numbers.

I am assuming that the client connected successfully because the checks in
step 1 went through fine. Also I have Zookeeper run in a cluster of 5 nodes
which are all in the same rack and in the same data center. Another question
I have is if I set the seesion timeout parameter to 5000 ms in the ZooKeeper
ctor does that mean my session is invalidated after 5000 ms or is kept alive
after every 5000 ms. What is the significance of the session timeout

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:55 AM, Flavio Junqueira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> It could be because your client has not connected properly to a ZooKeeper
> server. Have you taken a look at the logs on the server side to make sure
> that a session has been created? Could you give me a little more detail
> about your setup?
> -Flavio
Check out the new Marketplace.
just about anything Open Source.