From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Avinash Lakshman
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 8:58 AM
To: Flavio Junqueira
Cc: zookeeper-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Zookeeper-user] create() failure

These are sequence of interactions with ZooKeeper:

(1) Instantiate Zookeeper and perform the checks for a bunch of znodes. All
this works as expected.
(2) Spawn a thread which tries to perform leader election. This is where I am
trying to create the znode with the sequence numbers.

I am assuming that the client connected successfully because the checks in step
1 went through fine. Also I have Zookeeper run in a cluster of 5 nodes which
are all in the same rack and in the same data center. Another question I have
is if I set the seesion timeout parameter to 5000 ms in the ZooKeeper ctor does
that mean my session is invalidated after 5000 ms or is kept alive after every
5000 ms. What is the significance of the session timeout parameter?

Thanks
Avinash