Dmitry S. Makovey wrote at 2005-6-2 10:27 -0600:
>I've got workflow which runs script upon transition. At some point In
>that script I'm trying to get info on what state I'm in via:
>st=getattr(state_change,'new_state')
>and it appears to be working only with 'Manager' role which mean that
>I have to give that script "proxy role" of manager which I was trying
>to avoid.

A different solution would be to use a small set of specialized
scripts with "Manager" role that extract the relevant information.

>Is there any other way, and why new_state, old_state and
>transition attributes are so strictly guarded?

The reason is the

        security.declareObjectProtected(ManagePortal)

for "StateDefinition"s and "TransitionDefinition"s.

I doubt the protection is necessary. But, it is there...

--
Dieter