On 20 Jun 2005, at 09:24, Christian Heimes wrote:

yuppie wrote:
> First of all CMF 1.5.2 has to be backwards compatible to CMF 1.5.0 and
> 1.5.1, so reverting that change is no option.

That is understandable from your point of view but I don't agree with the desicion. The new ordered PortalFolder has deep impacts on software that exists for years and depend on PortalFolder to be a subclass of Folder w/o order support. This includes BTreeFolder2, Archetypes and all Archetypes based products. Archetypes distinguishes explictly between BaseFolder and OrderedBaseFolder.

On a general note, if this is so important I am puzzled that this is coming up now and not *months* ago. CMF 1.5.0 has been released ages ago. Beta testing periods are the time to find and solve these problems, not the middle of the maintenance release cycle...