On 25 Aug 2005, at 18:27, Paul Everitt wrote:
Hi, CMF folks. Munwar and I would like to start public discussion about Goldegg, a funding initiative for advancing Zope 3 in the Plone/CMF/Five software stack. In summary, Goldegg provides funding to get Zope 3 into the near-term roadmaps of the stack. Specifically, the funding initiative helps get the leaders of these roadmaps working in coordination on the next releases.

<sound of crickets>

Hm. I think we're waiting for more details ;)

But in general, kudos to the scheme as a whole. It is a fantastic idea to put actual customer funding into the freely available software stack which hasn't seen much of that in its history. Most funding has always gone to specific customer projects where good ideas or software tend to be locked up, out of reach of the core software package.