On 9 Sep 2005, at 15:10, yuppie wrote:

Geoff Davis wrote:

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:33:53 +0200, yuppie wrote:

Are you aware of the fact that test_Template304Handling.py depends on PortalTestCase? Do you plan to change that before merging your branch?

Yes, I am aware of that fact. No, I am not planning to change it -- it works just fine. I am sure that if the CMF changes as substantially as you are worried about, there will be numerous things that will need to change. I'm not sure that it is time well spent trying to fix things that may or may not happen at some unspecified point in the future. However, if you feel sufficiently strongly about it, the code is in SVN and you are
more than welcome to work on it.

I'm still -1 on merging the branch as it is and Stefan confirmed that PortalTestCase should not be used directly: http:// mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2005-September/022932.html

How about a compromise: I'll spend a little time tomorrow rewriting that test module so it does not use ZopeTestCase at all.

The changes on this branch are good and valuable, and a final decision and implementation of the extended testing fixtures problem will probably take a while...