Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> There's an outstanding issue in the collector about workflow scripts
>> that are external methods. Currently, creating a snapshot of a site
>> with external methods on the Scripts tab of a DCWorkflow will just
>> blow up. The real question here is: Do we want to support that at
>> all? Taking a quick look at the code two options come to mind:
>> - When extracting workflow script information, external methods are
>> specifically ignored. The documentation is updated to reflect the
>> fact that only DTMLMethods and Script (Python) (or items derived from
>> them/behaving like them) are supported as far as import/export goes.
> That would be enough for me.
>> - External methods gain support by extending the saved information to
>> collect module/function values for external methods instead of trying
>> to read the body. This *will* make an import blow up if the
>> filesystem code the external method relies on is not in the expected
>> location

We can make the failed attempt to import the EM create a log entry,
without aborting the whole import;  OTOH, having it fail would tell you
that you hadn't installed all the software you neeeded.

+1 for fleshing out the ".em" files for EMs (in fact, we just ran across
that sprinting today).

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)