Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
There could be a "multiplexer" that logs to the standard Zope event log *and* keeps the messages in a memory buffer to be displayed in the browser. This could be done in a separate class or a logging API could be added to ISetupContext. Should be easy to do, really.

Well, this is all supported by the logging module ;-)

You can define a new log handler just for the duration of the process and then remove it.

Have a look at MailingLogger's SummarisingLogger for ideas. Give it a go and let me know where the code is if you want me to take a look, I've got to know and love python's logging module quite well ;-)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk