Hi Chris!

Chris Withers wrote:
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
There could be a "multiplexer" that logs to the standard Zope event log *and* keeps the messages in a memory buffer to be displayed in the browser. This could be done in a separate class or a logging API could be added to ISetupContext. Should be easy to do, really.

Well, this is all supported by the logging module ;-)

You can define a new log handler just for the duration of the process and then remove it.

Have a look at MailingLogger's SummarisingLogger for ideas. Give it a go and let me know where the code is if you want me to take a look, I've got to know and love python's logging module quite well ;-)

I had a quick look at MailingLogger, but it seems to do something different.

We need 'per request' reports to give instant feedback in the setup tool. The logging module is not aware of requests, so I can't see an easy way to make sure the log handler collects only messages for a specific request.

Or am I missing something?