Hi Yuppie and Philipp. I really like what you have suggested for the views. It makes the whole thing a lot less confounding. CMF will also behave normally with skins if folks want that. But I am working with the views. Will you release another beta with the changes?

On the action to the defaul profile I think that anything to facilitate the marker interfaces ought to be included by default since I feel this is likely to be a common situation.

I am still trying to create a working example of using a marker interface to provide a new default view to a folder. But I am feeling like I need a paint by numbers kit for this since this is all still very new. It will seem alot less foreign once I have found a way of getting some common things with some certainty with the views and interfaces.

I have five views enabled. I am sorry, Yuppie, I was unable to duplicate the traceback myself. I have been working with five views and also trying to get CMFDefault to provide Five views along with my own Portal product that I build with a script with CMFDefault plus my own sources. In the short term I have disabled Five views in one product and left skins on the other because I cannot get both to cooperate on a default view at the same time without a conflict.

In cmf default in skin configure.zcml

In my product in skin configure.zcml

I had created an override.zcml I created an override.zcml that prevented the conflict error to allow Five to start but it did not allow both to use five views at the same time.

yuppie wrote:
Hi David!

David Pratt wrote:

Hi Yuppie. Yes, I will give this a try. It is hard to move completely away from old ways and I am migrating but there is a learning curve to this for sure. Once I have set up a marker interface for one folder like this and have it work, at least I will be more comfortable. I may have other questions.

You know that the 'edit-markers.html' view is available in CMF if you enable Five traversal?

Maybe we should add this action to the default profile:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<object name="portal_actions" meta_type="CMF Actions Tool"
 <object name="object">
<object name="interfaces" meta_type="CMF Action" i18n:domain="cmf_default">
   <property name="title" i18n:translate="">Interfaces</property>
   <property name="description"
      i18n:translate="">Assign marker interfaces</property>
<property name="url_expr">string:${object_url}/edit-markers.html</property>
   <property name="icon_expr"></property>
   <property name="available_expr"></property>
   <property name="permissions">
    <element value="Manage portal"/>
   <property name="visible">True</property>

Do you still have the invalid ID problem? I was not able to reproduce it. Do you see these issues also with a default installation or only with browser views enabled?

If you don't answer questions like these it's hard to fix the issues you report.