Hi!

CMF 2.0 will ship with some browser views. Browser views have their own prefix '@@' to avoid conflicts with content IDs. But Zope 2 doesn't reserve those names for views as Zope 3 does by default. I propose to disallow names starting with '@' as the Zope 3 name chooser does.

I still believe this should be fixed in Zope 2, see
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2048

But I gave up my attempt to fix this in the Zope layer because the related discussion on zope-dev ended without a clear result.

I hope there are no objections against fixing this in PortalFolder's _checkId method for now. In CMF we plan to use views by default and it's quite common that normal site members are allowed to add content items. So this should be less controversial for the CMF than for Zope 2.

Cheers,

        Yuppie