yuppie wrote:
> Hi!
> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>> I finally found some time to have a look at the
>>> tseaver-catalog_events branch. The last failing test is fixed now and
>>> I have some questions:
>> Thanks for that, I think I was at a point where I didn't see the
>> forest for the trees.
>>> 1.) The ContentishSublocations adapter is not registered by default,
>>> just for unit tests. Why?
>>> 2.) Instead of using a customized ISublocations adapter and
>>> _recurseOpaques in handleObjectEvent: Can't we just add a new
>>> subscriber that dispatches to opaque items like
>>> dispatchToSublocations dispatches to sublocations?
>> I think Tres would know best what the original aim was.
> Well. That doesn't help me if he doesn't tell me :(

I'm sorry to have dropped the ball.  At this point, I've lost most of
the context for the original work.  I think the answers are:

 1) It wasn't quite done yet, so I hadn't wired it up.

 2) A separate adapter sounds now like a better plan;  I don't remember
    why the '_recurseOpaques' stuff is there.

>>> 3.) Does this branch make the unmerged part of the
>>> efge-1.5-five-compatible branch obsolete?
>> Not sure what's in there.
>> Would it make sense to prevent this branch from being left behind more
>> as "normal" development continues by merging it into the trunk and
>> continuing the remaining polishing there?
> I did have an other look at tseaver-catalog_events branch and
> efge-1.5-five-compatible branch.
> I propose to split these changes into 2 steps:
> The first step would be to use the events machinery for dispatching to
> first class sublocations of containers. The necessary work seems to be
> done on those two branches. If there are no objections I'll merge this
> work into the trunk and delete the two branches.

> The second step would be to use the events machinery for dispatching to
> opaque items. The necessary work is not done jet. I plan to create a new
> branch for that and to copy related code fragments from the
> tseaver-catalog_events branch to that new branch.

+1 as well.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)