Tres Seaver wrote:

I would actually like to surface the functionality which makes "partial"
imports easy.  My CMFFolderExport product demos this for "content space"

The product uses the registered GS handlers to drive views for exporting
/ importing a folder's contents as a tarball.

I think it would be possible to write new ZMI views for the tools which
have GS profile support to allow exporting / importing their
configurations as well.  TypeInformation and DCWorkflow objects could
benefit from this as well.

The add views for Actions, TypeInformations and DCWorkflowDefinitions allow already to load presettings from the profiles. In addition to the features you propose these ZMI views could be used for resetting or switching to other presettings defined in the registered profiles.

Cheers, Yuppie