Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
None I'm aware of. But you can't change the default_charset easily because it describes the encoding of persistent data. The email encoding is just an output format that can be changed at any time.

The setting can be used for other emails as well, so I don't think it's overkill to have an extra property for that.

Well, I'm not going to protest, but I still don't see a good reason for another setting. Why would you even want to change email encoding at random times?

Some people still use email clients that don't support utf-8. So you might have a policy to send iso-8859-1 emails even if your content is utf-8 encoded. At a later point you might want to change that policy.

Cheers, Yuppie