Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously yuppie wrote:
Some people still use email clients that don't support utf-8. So you might have a policy to send iso-8859-1 emails even if your content is utf-8 encoded. At a later point you might want to change that policy.

Do those people expect to be able to read non-ascii mails? I suspect
not, in which case utf-8 will not change their situation.

I can't provide an overview which clients don't support utf-8 and what they support instead.

But AFAIK Eudora supports only iso-8859-1. So at least if people use Eudora (without the converter plugin) iso-8859-1 will change their situation. And I guess iso-8859-1 support is quite common in older clients.

Cheers, Yuppie