I'd like my workflow to be notified when an object is deleted, so it has the chance to veto deletion, or do some tidy-up on related objects. However at the moment, the workflow tool is not wired up to react to deletion at all.

I was wondering how - if at all - others have made a workflow react to deletion of an object. Is there any call for some hook/event that allows workflows to respond to this event? It seems a bit odd to me that workflows are carefully notified of creation via notifyCreated, but can't do anything about deletions.

I thought of creating a 'delete' workflow action, but that would cause problems if ever the object were deleted via a different mechanism (e.g. zmi).