Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
I like Yvo's idea of make import and export registration global instead
of per-profile.

They are "global" to the site, if I understand you.  I would *not* want
them "global" across the whole instance, because they aren't relevant
for all users of GenericSetup.

Why is that a problem?

Imports are defined by the set of configuration files. As long as there are no conflicting import handlers that depend on files with the same name, I can't see any import problems.

Exports are defined by the set of objects in the site. As long as there are no conflicting export handlers that export the object's configuration twice, I can't see any export problems.

If there are conflicts, it should be sufficient to resolve them on instance level by fixing the registrations.

Cheers,

        Yuppie