I'm working on a new content type for working with tables. The object is based on the Python dictionary class with __getitem__, __setitem__ and __delitem__ overwritten to allow access to individual cells allowing for very compact and convenient access to individual cells.

Great, I thought now all I need to do is make this PortalContent but it seems I'm hitting the great type / class divide of yesteryear

class Grid(dict, PortalContent)

TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases multiple bases have instance lay-out conflict

Can I get round this or will I have to inherit from PortalContent and rewrite my methods?

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360